what this blog is about....


Mom of 3.....Married to "my everything" man....Stay at home mom....Living in a new city/state....In a nice little rental home (for a while)....
On the rebound of going through 2 job losses in 2009....Adjusting....but always....ALWAYS finding myself drawn to the things I am passionate about....
My "PROJECTS"....which is what you will find here on my own little space in cyberworld....Enjoy!

.
.


Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Getting Organized...

I am a BELIEVER in doing those small things that help keep busy moms and dads "SANE".
With so much INFORMATION coming at you ALL.THE.TIME. it sometimes feels like you are going crazy. Well, at least I do. :)
Which is why I am a huge list maker.
This is what I did today.....


I bought these cute little clip-boards at the DOLLAR TREE a few weeks ago.
Seriously, LOVE that store.


I already had a master list for all of our websites, passwords and other "computer" information.
It was in BIG need of an update.

On my computer, I typed a list
of all the websites we use that require passwords.

I also included some account #'s,
and a few other things that we seem to
need "accessible".

I also changed the 1 list we had to 3 lists...
1 for me,
1 for the hubby,
and 1 for the kiddos and random stuff.

That way, it will be easier to find what we are looking for
on the smaller lists.

I did everything in alphabetical order, by website
then our user name,
then our password.


**Remember, there are just some passwords you
want to memorize and not have out for everyone to see.

But it's a good idea to write them down and keep in a safe place!**


Obviously, I'm not going to take a picture of
our "lists" and put it out there for the world to see....
but you get the idea.

This is what the finished product looked like.


I added the name of whose list it is
at the top, and of course, had to add a flower
for good measure. :)


I hung them RIGHT BY THE COMPUTER, so
it would only take seconds to get the information I need.


And trust me....the hubby will thank you.
(And you will thank yourself!)


5 comments:

  1. I have lists scattered all over in case I forget too. ha Enjoyed the way you jazzed up those boring clipboards....you're giving me ideas. Thanks! :) Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever, I like finding new blogs, especially crafty type ones belonging to busy mums, have followed along for you, check out (both) my new blogs (I know it's crazy two blogs for two businesses) @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ and http://homemadeforkids.blogspot.com/ Now, I'm off to check out the rest of your crafty blog, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got your package. I won a prize at Pure Joy! I'm glad I tracked you down. Those cards are amazing! Do you have a shop too? Just checking. You can email me at shondaet@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty and a great way to stay organized.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab blog! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete

Click HERE